Not a UAP

I'm one of those people who would be thrilled to see a UAP, or a UFO for us older folks. I got all excited a couple nights ago after I saw something in the sky I've never seen before--a string of lights, moving slowly, seemingly pretty close. They moved totally together in a line, . . . . . . . . . . . . ., and ten seconds after I spotted the sight, they disappeared. It was a clear night, I could see stars behind them the whole time, and even though I waited for a few minutes to see if they'd come out of hiding, they never did.

I was so excited! My first real "alien" sighting! But it was not real. Someone showed me a picture of Elon Musk's Starlink satellites, and that was them. What a letdown! However, I later figured that I was still pretty lucky to see something like that at 6:30 p.m. in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, with all the lights the town has. I was also exactly at the right place at the right time--on a hill above my house after parking my car--and looked up at the exact time the satellites were there in front of my face. They gave the impression of being a lot closer than they had to be. The illusion was strong because on the hill it seemed like they were close to the valley down below where the town is located.

So, this is a public service announcement. If you see a string of lights moving slowly at a steady pace, it's the satellites, nothing more. To see that many lights moving together is pretty startling to witness in any case, though, and around Christmas could be mistaken for Santa's reindeer team.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointing past lives

A dream of life on another planet

Imaginary chicken dinner