Forging ahead with/out fear

Dolores Cannon, the beloved developer of Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique, said that fear has no place in the New Earth. Today I took a step toward letting go of my lifelong fears by doing something completely different (thank you, Monty Python!).

I've just spent 5.5 hours working as a member of the event staff at the Bryce Jordan Center in the Penn State campus in State College. Comedian John Mulaney headlined the show. I was a part of the crew that provided a cell phone-free experience to the audience. 

I'd never done anything like it before. From answering the ad on Craigslist to signing up online to gathering with others--at the wrong place--at the BJC before the event, it was all new to me. I was one of the people manning the tables just inside one of the entrances. I had a tote bag of pouches in front of me and I crammed people's cell phones and smart watches in there, sealed the pouch, and gave it back to them. When the show was over, I was outside with the others, carrying an unlocking device, and I helped unseal people's pouches for them. They took their electronics and left the pouches in bins.

It doesn't sound like much, but I've always been afraid of anything new. Parking for the event was stressful, too. I've never driven to the university by myself and parked and gone to a venue by myself. I don't get out much. Also, interacting with many wonderful people was great! Again, I don't get out much, and I tend to keep to myself. Providing a simple service to people who have come to a large venue to enjoy themselves felt amazingly rewarding. 

Nevertheless, as I was counting pouches and packing them neatly into tote bags after the show ("Sixty in each! Thirty in the bottom, thirty on the top!"), I realized I didn't have to do it another time. Now I knew what it was like. Other people in the group were veterans, and I was paired with one before the show. However, I don't think I'll do it again. Well, maybe when it's warmer. 


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! Experiences like that one can be very rewarding when they give you a fair chance to overcome fear etc. And actually make you feel good after that new strange task is completed successfully.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disappointing past lives

A dream of life on another planet

Imaginary chicken dinner